Windows 10 launches its patches and updates frequently to improve your system performance. But sometimes after updating the OS, the desktop icons disappear. So, if you want to fix it, then here are some ways to solve the problem.
Run Explorer .exe
Follow the steps mentioned below.
- Hold the ‘Ctrl + Alt + Del’ keys altogether over the keyboard to invoke the Task Manager
- After that, invoke the Process section and find the ‘explorer .exe’ then choose it.
- You should select the button of the End Task on the lower side.
- Once you reach the Task Manager, select the File option at the upper left side, and choose the Run new task option.
- Now, input ‘explorer .exe’ into the box, then continue to select the OK button.
Use System Restore
Follow the instructions given below:
- You should invoke the Windows menu and input ‘rstrui.exe’ into it and select the OK button to launch the Windows System Restore tool.
- Then pursue the on-screen steps until you reach the page with each of the existing restore points.
- You have to choose the restore point on or once you begin facing the problem then activate the restoration procedure.
- Now, reboot the system.
Turn off the Tablet Mode
Here are the instructions that you need to follow:
- You should invoke the Settings on your system.
- After that, select the System option and then pick the Tablet mode through the left side.
- Then find the Make Windows more touch-friendly, once you use the device as a tablet then change it to off.
- Now, the desktop icons can show. In case that doesn’t apply, attempt enabling and disabling Tablet mode a moment.
Don’t Forget to Enable the Show Desktop Icons Feature
Here are the steps that you need to follow:
- Go to the blank area and right-click on it over the desktop.
- Thereafter, select the ‘View’ option, and you can view the option of ‘Show Desktop icons.’
- Now, attempt marking and un marking the option of ‘Show Desktop Icons’ a while but don’t forget to leave the option marked.
Rebuild Icon Cache
Follow the steps given below:
- Navigate to the Windows menu on your system.
- After that, input ‘file explorer’ into it and select the OK button to invoke the File Explorer.
- Then reach the ‘View’ option and mark the ‘Hidden Items; box in sort to show hidden folders or files.
- Go to this path and move down to the bottom: ‘C: Users(User Name)AppDataLocal’
- You should select the ‘IconCache.db’ and right-click on it then choose the OK button.
- Select the Yes button.
- Reach the Recycle Bin folder and clear it.
- Now, reboot the system.