- A function inside another function is called _______.
A. Nested function
B. Round function
C. Sum function
D. Text function
2. Which of the following is not an underline option in the format cells dialog box?
B. Single Accounting
C. Double Accounting
D. Single Engineering
3. Formulas in Excel start with _______.
4. The default header for a worksheet is _______.
B. Date and Time
C. Sheet tab Name
5. Which of the following is not an option of the spelling dialog box?
B. Ignore all
6. Which of the following methods will not enter data in a cell?
A. Pressing the Esc key
B. Pressing an arrow key
C. Pressing the tab key
D. Clicking the enter button to the formula bar
7. The cell reference for cell range of G2 to M12 is _______.
8. What is the keyboard shortcut for creating a chart from the selected cell range?
9. The Software which contains rows and columns is called ______.
D. Word processing
10. You can group noncontiguous worksheets with ______.
A. The alt+enter key
B. The ctrl key and mouse
C. The shift key and the mouse
D. The group button on the standard toolbar
11. What is the AutoComplete feature of Excel?
A. It automatically completes abbreviated words
B. It completes text entries that match an existing entry in the same column
C. It completes text and numeric entries that match an existing entry in the same column
D. It completes text entries that match an existing entry in the same worksheet
12. Which of the following is correct?
A. =AVERAGE(4, 5, 6, 7)
B. =AVERAGE(A1, B1, C1)
C. =AVERAGE(A1:A9, B1:B9)
D. =All of the above
13. Which of the following function will return a value of 8?
A. ROUNDUP(8.4999, 0)
B. ROUNDDOWN(8.4999, 0)
C. ROUND(8.4999, 0)
D. Only B and C
14. How to restrict to run a macro automatically when starting Microsoft Excel?
A. Hold down the SHIFT key during startup
B. Hold down the CTRL key during startup
C. Hold down the ESC key during startup
D. Hold down the ALT key during startup
15. How to remove the unwanted action from recorded macro without recording the whole macro again?
A. By using the Find and Edit Action Option
B. By clicking on the Refresh button in the Macro toolbar
C. By edit the macro in the Visual Basic Editor
D. Macro cannot be edited.
16. What should be add before a fraction to avoid entering it as a date?
D. Zero Space
17. Which of the following function will use to find the highest number in a series of number?
B. MAXIMUM (B1:B3)
C. HIGH (B1:B3)
18. What does the NOW() function return?
A. It returns the serial number of the current date and time
B. It returns the serial number of the current date
C. It returns the serial number of the current time
D. None of the above
19. What value will display if the formula = $55.00 +5 is entered into a cell?
20. What is the shortcut key to insert current date in a cell?
A. CTRL + D
B. CTRL + T
C. CTRL + ;
D. CTRL + /
21. Which of the following syntax is correct regarding to SUM function in Excel?
A. =SUM (A1, B1)
B. =SUM (A1:B9)
C. =SUM (A1:A9, B1:B9)
D. All of the above
22. What is the shortcut key to hide entire column?
A. CTRL + –
B. CTRL + 0
C. CTRL + H
D. CTRL + C
23. How to specify cell range from A9 to A99 in Excel?
A. (A9, A99)
B. (A9 to A99)
C. (A9 : A99)
D. (A9 A99)
24. Selecting the Column G & H then choose InsertColumns. What will happen?
A. 2 Columns will be inserted after Column F
B. 2 Columns will be inserted after Column G
C. 2 Columns will be inserted after Column H
D. 2 Columns will be inserted after Column I
25. How to restrict the values of a cell so that only whole numbers between 9 and 99 can be entered in a cell.
A. The Settings tab under the menu Format Cells
B. The Settings tab under the menu Data Validation
C. The Settings tab under the menu Data Filter Advanced Filter
D. the Settings tab under the menu Format Conditional Formatting
26. Clear the contents by pressing “DELETE” key from a keyboard will clear
A. Text Only
B. Format Only
C. Contents Only
D. Both Contents and Format
2 Which of the following shortcuts can be used to insert a new line in the same cell?
B. Alt + Enter
C. Ctrl + Enter
D. Shift + Enter
28. What is the quickest way to select entire worksheet?
A. Choose Edit Select all from the Menu
B. Click on the first column, press Ctrl, and then click on the last column
C. Click on the first column, press Shift, and then click on the last column
D. Click on the rectangle box on the upper left corner where column headings and row headings meet
29. A smart tag will be removed from a cell when
A. the cell is moved
B. the cell is hidden
C. the data in the cell is changed or deleted
D. the formatting of the cell is changed
30. Which of the following options is appropriate to show the numbers 9779851089510 in a cell?
A. Enclose the number is brackets
B. Place the character T before the number
C. Place the character TX before the number
D. Apply the Text format in the cell and type the numbers
31. Which of the following is correct syntax in Excel?
A. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult, FalseResult)
B. =IF(LogicalTest, (TrueResult, FalseResult))
C. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult) (LogicalTest, FalseResult)
D. =IF(LogicalTest, TrueResult), IF(LogicalTest, FalseResult)
32. Which of the following is correct?
33. Selecting the Rows 5 & 6 then choose Insert->Row. What will happen?
A. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 4
B. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 5
C. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 6
D. 2 Rows will be inserted after Row 7
34. If 4/6 entered in a cell without applying any formats, Excel will treat this as
35. If the values in A1 is “atoz” and B1 is “iq”, which function will return “atoz@iq” in cell C1?
A. =A1 + “@” + B1
B. =A1 # “@” # B1
C. =A1 & “@” & B1
D. =A1 $ “@” $ B1
36. How to fit long texts in a single cell with multiple lines?
A. Start typing in the cell and press the Enter key to start another line
B. Use the Wrap Text option in the Format -> Alignment menu
C. Use the Shrink to Fit option in the Format -> Cells -> Alignment menu
D. All of above
37. If particular workbook have to open each time Excel started, where that workbook should be placed?
A. AUTOEXEC Folder
B. AUTOSTART Folder
C. EXCELSTART Folder
D. XLSTART Folder
38. If the cell B1 contains the formula = $A$1, which of the following statements is true
A. There is a relative reference to cell A1
B. There is an absolute reference to cell A1
C. Further changes in value of A1 will not affect the value of B1
D. Further changes in value of B1 will affect the value of A1
39. Worksheet can be renamed by
A. Adding ? symbol at the end of filename while saving workbook
B. Click on Worksheet tab by Holding CTRL Key and type new name
C. Double Click on the Worksheet tab and type new name
D. Worksheet cannot renamed
40. What is the shortcut key to hide entire row?
A. CTRL + H
B. CTRL + R
C. CTRL + 9
D. CTRL + –
41. What is the shortcut key to insert a new comment in a cell?
B. Alt + F2
C. Ctrl + F2
D. Shift + F2
42. Which option allows you to Bold all the negative values within the selected cell range:
A. Zero Formatting
B. Conditional Formatting
C. Compare Formatting
D. Negative Formatting
43. What is the shortcut key to insert new sheet in current workbook?
B. Alt + F11
C. Ctrl + F11
D. Shift + F11
44. Which one is the last column header in Excel 2007?
45. In maximum, how many sheets can be set as default while creating new workbook?
D. No Limit
46. New Comment option can be found under _________ tab.
47. In Excel, by default Numeric Values appears in
A. Left aligned
B. Right aligned
C. Center aligned
D. Justify aligned
48. To show/hide the grid lines in Microsoft Excel 2007
A. Page Layout -> Grid lines -> View
B. Insert -> Grid lines -> View
C. View -> Grid lines -> View
D. Edit -> Grid lines -> View
49. What will be the result if you type =A1=B1 in cell C1?
A. Yes or No
B. True or False
C. Value of A1
D. Value of B1
50. In Excel _______ may not contain in Formula
A. Text Constant
B. Number Constant
C. Circular Reference
D. All of them